Gas detection instrumentation specialist’s ultra-modern plant is open and geared to meet ambitious global growth plans for advanced VOC monitors
Ion Science leading manufacturer of high performance gas detection instrumentation and sensors for global occupational health and environmental monitoring applications – has completed the move into its new state-of-the-art £4.5 million, 1500m² facility.
Located in the village of Fowlmere in Cambridgeshire, the flexible new plant has been purpose-built to meet current and short-term needs, as well as reflect the on-going ambitions of the business.
Providing more light assembly, research and office space, the new plant boasts a range of exciting design features, including:
– Ground source heat pump which extracts heat from the ground via bore holes underneath the car park and provides heating and hot water for the building without burning fossil fuels.
– Modular access flooring which provides flexibility in the distribution of building services and building layout.
– Building designed to maximise natural daylight using large windows, doors and rooflights.
– Structural insulated panels (SIPs) form main structural element of both walls and pitched roofs to provide a highly insulated and air tight building envelope and resistance to damp and cold problems.
– Internal layout and internal glazed screens provide a connection between areas and teams within the building.
– Fully designed landscaping scheme incorporates all the recommendations of an ecological survey to enhance the site, including an eco-friendly pond.
Synergy Property Group
One double Glazeshield FL plus fifteen Glazeshield Plus screens were supplied and fitted by AccentHansen to this new build manufacturing and office building. A powder coating finish was applied all doors and screens.